Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let's See How This Thing Works...

I have often thought about starting a blog about my husband's and my adventures, such as they are. If for no other reason, my in-laws enjoy hearing the tales of the farm, and I'd like to think that some of my friends might too. Maybe. Anybody there?

Myself in a nutshell: Conservative Christian. Happily married. Analyzing. Stubborn. Scientist. Opinionated. Half-city, half-country. Grammar nerd. Nature admirer. Reader. Eclectic tastes.

Likes: My husband, of course! My home, my family, science (microorganisms to outer space), reading, the farm, the chickens, chocolate, bright colors, cooking, the feeling of a done project, the South and its history, college football, and a great many other things...

I was born and raised Southern, mostly in Oklahoma. My husband and I have been married over 2 1/2 years; I have spent most of that time realizing even more how imperfect I am and how patient my husband is. We bought our little farm last year and have been fixing up our house and readying our land for our homestead project. We have a good-sized garden going right now, along with 7 laying hens, 19 teenage chickens, 2 ducks, 1 steer and 1 heifer. And a partridge in a pear tree. My husband is an engineer, which is quite handy around a fixer-upper farm, let me tell you! I am a "professional scientist" (aka research tech) at a nearby lab for another few months, but then I get to be a stay-at-home wife! I am greatly looking forward to this. I enjoy reading and writing, although I do far more of the former than the latter.

So far I have learned a great many things about what to do and what not to do when starting a farm...but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment